I have been using Screen Time Labs application to control my kids’ smart phone for many months. The app works well on my kid’s Samsung S5, but facing trouble on both ASUS.
It works horribly on iPhone 5s and I patiently communicate with the company asking them all the possible solutions but so far it remains problematic. This has caused a lot of trouble between my kids and I since the restriction is not implemented as it should. Especially when the iPhone is blocked unnecessarily that I have to disable the app entirely to regain access.
The Multi-Store Model of memory, referring to the The Atkinson–Shiffrin model, is very relevant at explaining how meaningful schooling to my students. Our objective is to produce lifelong learners, but students easily forget everything not just after finishing the schooling years, but even after examination. What is taught at school will hardly taken into real life and shape the society if the system is focusing on factual knowledge and learning takes place around what, when, who, where, with little attention given to why and how. It is hard to achieve the deep learning.
Educational technology equipment requires a plan consists of pedagogical and technical scripts to guide the implementation of technology-enhanced learning. We, therefore, intend to provide a solution by constructing a guidebook for teachers in developing content for school’s digital signage. The project involves concepts of creative collaboration and co-designing in a framework of 21st-century education, to support the children of an elementary school to display their artwork using the digital signage provided by the school. Teachers take the role of facilitator and assistant in the learning process. With the plan, we can invoke the well functioning learning environments to promote interaction, participation and community building of knowledge as emphasised by Finnish National Core Curriculum for Basic Education 2014.
Oulun Normaalikoulu is upgrading and expanding their digital signage televisions around the school. One of their intentions is to set up a ‘Live Feeding Display’ for students to stream presentation or activities in the classroom around the school, using the digital signage. This is aligned with the message from Finnish new curriculum: Well-functioning learning environments promote interaction, participation and communal building of knowledge (Finnish National Core Curriculum for Basic Education, 2014).
Our project is to produce a guidebook for teachers in developing content for the digital signage. The guidebook consists of both pedagogical and technical scripts, based on the 21st-century educational framework, creative collaboration, and co-designing.
- Ananiadou, K., Claro, M. (2009), “21st Century Skills and Competences for New Millennium Learners in OECD Countries”, OECD Education Working Papers, No. 41, OECD Publishing.
- Craft, A. (2012). Childhood in a digital age: creative challenges for educational futures. London Review of Education, 10(2) pp. 173–190.
- Eteläpelto, A., Lahti, J. (2008). The resources and obstacles of creative collaboration in a long-term learning community. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 3 (2008) pp. 226–240.
- Finnish National Board of Education (2014): The National Core Curriculum for Basic Education.
- Niemi, H, Multisilta, J., Lipponen, L., Vivitsou, M. (Eds.). (2014). Finnish Innovations and Technologies in Schools: A Guide towards New Ecosystems of Learning. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers.
- Layng, T. J., & Twyman, J. S. (2013). Education+ technology+ innovation=learning. Handbook on innovations in learning, 133-148.
- Starkman, N. (2006). The wonders of interactive whiteboards: No cutting-edge classroom is complete without one. THE Journal (Technological Horizons In Education), 33(10), 36.
- Vaajakallio, K., Lee, J-J., Mattelmäki, T. (2009). “It has to be a group work!”: co-design with children. Conference Paper. DOI: 10.1145/1551788.1551843 · Source:DBLP
- Wehipeihana, N., Davidson, E. J., (2010) Strategic policy evaluation: Answering macro-level cross-project questions. Paper presented at the anzea Wellington Regional Symposium, Wellington, New Zealand, retrieved from: http://realevaluation.com/strategic-policy-evaluation-anzea-session-handout/
- Apple TV Settings for the Classroom. (n.d.). Retrieved February 20, 2017, from http://learninginhand.com/blog/appletv
- Digital Signage for K-12 Schools. (n.d.). Retrieved February 20, 2017, from https://www.digitalsignagetoday.com/whitepapers/digital-signage-for-k-12-schools/download/
- Live Display Technical Requirements. (n.d.). Retrieved February 20, 2017, from https://tagboard.readme.io/v1.0/docs/live-display-technical-requirements
- Teaching with Technology: Using the Internet, Classroom Computers, Elmo . . . (n.d.). Retrieved February 20, 2017, from http://www.dailyteachingtools.com/teaching-with-technology.html
- Novisign, http://www.novisign.com/
- Digital signage, http://www.digitalsignage.com/
- Screen Hub http://www.screenhub.com.au/
- Top Digital Software Products http://www.capterra.com/
Science of hope and hard work. Do not expect easy answers.